Re: Cursors and transactions

From: Ken Friday <ken_friday_at_pleasantco.com>
Date: 1997/01/30

Andrea wrote:

> Sorry for my english,
> Some one can help me about this PL-Sql function.
>
> I would like know if a write this :

> CURSOR c_test IS
> SELECT id, errore
> FROM messagges;

> INSERT INTO messages VALUES (100, 'error 1');
> INSERT INTO messages VALUES (101, 'error 2');
> << some others statments>>
> OPEN c_test;
> ROLLBACK;
> ->> here I see again my rows ? Is it possibile to a do a loop on that
> cursor o
> the rollback delete also in memory my rows ?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Andrea
> A.Savino_at_stm.it

Interesting twist on Oracle read consistency....... which guarantees that the data will be consistent (point in time) from the time a SQL statement starts untill it completes (e.g. from open cursor to close cursor). In other words in your example you would have to close and re-open the cursor.

Note that it's not really a memory thing the read consistent view is reconstructed from data and rollback.

Ken F. Received on Thu Jan 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST