Re: Q: Oracle web site

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/01/29

I have had zero problems getting to http://www.oracle.com using Netscape Navigator, and this is from outside the Intranet, so I watch it go through our proxy first. As well, there are other friends of mine outside the oracle domain who also have no problem hitting this Web site.

I would be curious to hear what error message or response you get back. Is it that your Domain Name Server can't find the entry for oracle.com? Can you attempt to do a traceroute to some other machine overseas? If you can hit it with Internet Explorer but not Netscape Navigator (and this is from the same machine), I would have to assume that your settings are not the same for both browsers.

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:11:29 +0100, Roger Wernersson <roger.wernersson_at_adra.se> wrote:

>Hello readers! Hello everybody!
>
>For some time now I can't connect to www.oracle.com using my
>favorite browser, Netscape 3. I actually had to install Internet
>Explorer (yuch:-) to get there. Is this some kind of company
>policy from Oracle? Does anyone else have the same problems?
>
>--
>Sport radio: people listening to people watching people having fun
>Mailto:roger.wernersson_at_adra.se
>BTW: All opinions are mine, all mine, and nobody's but mine.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Jan 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST