Re: Help! SQL*Net

From: Richard Bentley <krb_at_unixa.nerc-keyworth.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/01/29

--

>Colin Young
>cyoung_at_ceogroup.com
>cayoung_at_cycor.ca
The Network Manager comes as a seperate (free) product. The version I have runs under Windows 3.x. It basically asks you a number of questions (note it's difficult to understand what it is on about!) and then it generates 3 files for you namely LISTENER.ORA, TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA which you then have to FTP to your production machine. Chances are that that they won't work and you have you construct you own anyway - but they are a good starting point. I, personally, got better versions/examples off the ORACLE OCIS Web pages. Richard Bentley Natural Evironment Research Council Oxfordshire, England.