Re: ROLLBACK SEGMENTS: Some basic questions

From: Lindsberger Franz <franz.lindsberger_at_siemens.at>
Date: 1997/01/29

 ;

> > I dropped all the other rollback segments intentionally to help me debug
> > this problem. I am now thinking that maybe I should increase the
 maxextents
> > to 200 or some such number and maybe add another rollback segment with
> > identical settings. But I am not sure if that is going to solve my
 problem.

> > Any ideas ?
> >
> > Atif Khan
> > aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu

1st: say "SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT an_extra_large_rollback_segment" immediately after beginning your mega-transaction.

2nd: make shure to have enough space in the datafile which contains your an_extra_large_rollback_segment

greetings from AUSTRIA Received on Wed Jan 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST