V$ for control files

From: <oracle_at_more.net>
Date: 1997/01/28

I am trying to write a universal backup script that I can run from one machine and point at multiple instances of oracle. I need to be able to query the location of all data, control, and redo log files. I have the data and redo log files by querying the v$datafile & v$logfile views but can't seem to find a view for the control files. The sgadefinstance.dbf file is another file that seems to be another file that I can't find in the database.

                                        Any help is appreciated, David Received on Tue Jan 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST