Re: Help! SQL*Net

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1997/01/27

In article <01bc0b01$af695540$282a4018_at_colin>,

   "Colin Young" <cyoung_at_ceogroup.com> wrote:
>I've got as far in the Oracle supplied documentation as 'run
 Network
>Manager to configure your installation.' I have seen this sentence
 (or
>variations on it) in the installation documentation, the Oracle
 DBA
>handbook, other Oracle supplied documentation and various other
books.

no problem: install sqlnet client software on a windows machine. this would include sqlnet 2.x, adapter 2.x of your choice (for example, TCP, SPX, named pipes -- you can choose one or more). one of the client tools is network manager.

start netmanager and create a network. specify the server (host) machine and then the client you are using. connect then to each other in the graphical window. generate to the file system.

you will have a directory for the host and a directory for the "community" (the clients).

copy the host files (*.ora) to /oraX/network/admin on the host; copy the client files to /oraX/network/admin on the client(s).

start the listener on the host. now you can use sqlnet.

Dave Mausner, Managing Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Mon Jan 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST