Re: pl2java: "DBMS_PACKAGE not installed?"

From: diversif <diversif_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/26

Does the ID that you are trying the pl2java thing in have direct access on the 'DBMS_PACKAGE.COUNT_PROCEDURE'
This message usually could be 1 of 2 things:

     1- The object does not exist in your DB - you can verify this by 'select * from sys.dba_objects where object_name = 'DBMS_PACKAGE';' The status on the package should be 'VALID' .

     2- The schema that you are trying to run the pl2java PL/SQL under does not have access (direct) access to the package. - Try pulling the sql statement that references the package out of the PL/SQL and execute it in SQL.
     i.e.'execute 'DBMS_PACKAGE.COUNT_PROCEDURE (..);' If this works that means that the procedure within the package exists, and that you have access to it, and that you have the synonym DBMS_PACKAGE set up. What it probably is at this point is that you have access to the package via a role. You cannot create a stored object accessing another if you only have access to that object via a role. You can look at output from 'select * from sys.dba_tab_privs where table_name = 'DBMS_PACKAGE';' to see which 'grantee' has direct access to execute this package.

Hope this helps
Peter Huber

binghai_at_webworks.ca wrote in article <5cahuq$7nr$1_at_thor.atcon.com>...