Re: SQLNET V1 on 7.3

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/01/26

Maya wrote:

> I'm very interested to know how you did that - did you install SQLNET V1
> after installing 7.3 server. I had SQLNET V1 working with 7.3 server for a
> short while and the only way I could do it was to install 7.2 server,
> install SQLNET V1 and V2 and then upgrade to 7.3. It worked for a while
> then crashed on me. So I would appreciate if you'd let me know how you
> approached it. My email address is ATMARAMM_at_HCSGWY.HCS.NET By the way, do
> you also have SQLNET V2 running on this server?
>
> Forrest Gump <cmelvin_at_ibm.net> wrote in article
> <01bae552$9ab5e1c0$8ec22581_at_cmelvin.ibm.net>...
> > You're in luck. Last week I installed sqlnet V1 on my NT40 server
 running
> > 7.3.2.2. It worked fine. This is obviously an unsupported
 configuration.

I would think that on NT it might be possible to have sqlnet V1 installed with 7.3.x but you would not be able so easily do it on a UNIX box. I do not know the NT product that well but with the UNIX product you would have to do a lot of object hacking to get it to work. Also, it is true that this is not supported at all. Received on Sun Jan 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST