Help! SQL*Net

From: Colin Young <cyoung_at_ceogroup.com>
Date: 1997/01/25

I need help installing SQL*Net (at this point I don't care which version).

I'm using Oracle 7.3.2 on Solaris/SPARC 2.5.1 and would like to be able to connect Oracle Enterprise Manager from Windows NT 4.0.

I've got as far in the Oracle supplied documentation as 'run Network Manager to configure your installation.' I have seen this sentence (or variations on it) in the installation documentation, the Oracle DBA handbook, other Oracle supplied documentation and various other books. Not one of them tells me how to run the Network Manager or gives me any clue as to where I might find it. The most specific instruction I have been able to find is that I need to configure the network from a Windows machine, but I can't connect to the server until it is configured, but I need to connect to the server from Windows in order to run some piece of software (which at the moment appears to be fictitious) to configure the server to allow me to connect to the server.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
Colin Young
cyoung_at_ceogroup.com