Student Needs Help

From: C.Toye <cyt7e_at_watt.seas.Virginia.EDU>
Date: 1997/01/25

I am a Computer Science student at the University of Virginia. One of my projects is to do a presentation on Oracle. I am writing to this newsgroup to find out from frequent users of Oracle why they or their company decided to use Oracle as opposed to some other DBMS. Also, I am interested to know your feelings on the advantages and disadvantages of using Oracle, and where you feel Oracle may be lacking. I greatly appreciate any help that you can give me, and if you could pass along any helpful books, magazines, or web sites that I could refer, it would be very helpful. Thank you for your time.

Connie Toye Received on Sat Jan 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST