Re: Can Oracle send variables to Word

From: Mike Proctor <mp_at_mg-tc.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/25

In article <5boj02$jo4_at_login.freenet.columbus.oh.us>, Michael Carmack <mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us> writes
>ASALWA (asalwa_at_aol.com) wrote:
>
>: I need to know i it is possible to send Oracle variables to a MS-Word
>: macro.
>
>Not directly. The easiest way is probably to write a VBA macro inside
>Word that uses the Oracle Objects for OLE, which will allow you to get at
>your Oracle databases.

Depending on what the requirements are for your application, and if you are able to fit the use of Dynamic Data Exchange into you requirements, you might try using the Forms4.5 DDE built in package.

There is a procedure (DDE.execute) which can handle such duties, in that it passes a command string to the DDE server application (MS Word in this case).

I have had *some* luck with this one in the past. In fact DDE can sometimes provide a quicker and easier, though some may argue less reliable, interface with native Windows products.

Good Luck.

--
Mike Proctor                    Database Consultants International (UK)

Mike_Proctor_at_realworld.com      Oracle vision.
                                Only Oracle.
                                All the time.