Re: Triggers on multiple similar tables

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/01/24

jshiruru_at_att.com wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Thanks to all those who replied to my earllier queries. My next question
>is somewhat strange.
>I have two tables 'table1' and 'table2' whose fields are exact mirror
>images of each other(don't ask me why). The data might be different, but
>the fields are same. A trigger must fire when any updates/insert are
>done on these tables. Is it possible to have only one trigger for these
>two tables. The Application Developer's guide says 'NO'. But is there a
>workaround solution where only one trigger is required for two similar
>tables ? I know I am asking for too much here. But it's just a shot.
>
>Thanks a lot for any help
>
>Jagdeep

Hi there,

I am not sure whether you can have a trigger on 2 tables. If you USER_TRIGGERS, table it supports only one table for a trigger. May be you have the same triggers with 2 different names on each of the tables.Obviously you know this.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Fri Jan 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST