Oracle 7.0 and NT 4.0- Raw devices

From: Jason Massarelli <mazz_at_suba.com>
Date: 1997/01/23

We are trying to install Oracle 7.0 on NT 4.0 and we want to create our Tablespaces on Raw disk devices. We are able to create a whopping 200 K tablespace to a unformatted drive. We accomplished this by using disk manager, creating a 6 GB extended partition and then within that extended partition, we created a 3 200 MB logical partitions. Then, within schema manager, we declared the path of the new tablespace as follows: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partion(4). This works as stated above when creating a 200 k tablespace, but we can not create anything larger. Our system is a hardware driven RAID 5 machine, with 2 primary partitions, the extended partition, and 3 logical drives within that extended. Is it possible to put Oracle for NT onto Raw devices, or do you have to put them onto NTFS partitions. Any help would be appreciated. Mailto: mazz_at_suba.com

Thanks

Jason Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST