PL/SQL Program

From: Ralph A. Heidl <raheidl_at_postoffice.utas.edu.au>
Date: 1997/01/23

Dear PL/SQL hacks,

I have a table described as follows:

SQL> describe stuff

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 STUFFID                                  NUMBER(38)
 STUFFTYPE                                NUMBER(38)
 STUFFSIZE                                NUMBER(38)
 LOTSOFSTUFF                              LONG RAW

and I want to access ALL the data from the table in a PL/SQL program. Now STUFFID & STUFFSIZE are UNIX signed integers of 4 bytes in length, STUFFTYPE is a UNIX signed integer 2 bytes in length and LOTSOFSTUFF is an array of data (sieze STUFFSIZE) say structured as follows:

typedef struct {

   valuea long,
   valueb long,
   valuec long } STUFFDEF;

Can anyone help me with a sample piece of PL/SQL which I could use as a template for accessing all columns of a row and all STUFFSIZE elements within STUFF?

Please send all answers to sgreener_at_gbs.com.au rather than reply to the list as I have asked a colleague to send this message.

regards
Simon Greener

regards
Simon

---
Simon Greener                          email: sgreener_at_gbs.com.au
Technical Systems Analyst                 Ph: +61 3 6223 1999
Geographic Business Systems Pty Ltd      Fax: +61 3 6223 1988
Suite 10, Magnet Court, Sandy Bay, Tasmania, Australia, 7006 Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST