Re: HELP!!!! Oracle Version 6 Database Crash (NOARCHIVELOG)

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1997/01/23

"Nicolás Bernard" <integra_at_jet.es> wrote:

>Situation:

> -System crash, all information on disk damaged.
> -One Backup of all the database files (control files, datafiles, etc.)
>except log files (NOARCHIVELOG) and one Datafile.
> -Another Backup only with the datafile that is not present in previous
>backup. (database down)
> -The time between two backups is one day, WITH NO DATA ACTIVITY BETWEEN
>THEM.

  1. Was the instance shutdown when you took the backup?
  2. When you say you took a backup of all database files "except log files", do you mean you didn't take a backup of the on-line redo logs? (If you operate in NOARCHIVELOG mode, then there should be no archived redo logs anyway!) If so, you have a problem...
--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **