Re: Best way to access Oracle databases with VB4???

From: Vance Pan <g2l1_at_ugrad.cs.ubc.ca>
Date: 1997/01/23

Xavier BRUNET wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we will start developments in few weeks of software components that will
> access Oracle 7.3 databases on an NT server.
>
> We will develop under Visual Basic 4.0 - 32 bit.
>
> What is the best way to access databases, in terms of price, speed, an
> easyness of configuration (large deployments):
> - ODBC ?
> - RDO ?
> - Objects for OLE ?
> - ...
>
> I never practiced any of the solutions. So, your help is welcome to help
> me to choose...

Hi,

When you are considering the ODBC solutions, you may want to take a look at SimbaExpress.

If you spend some time trying out different ODBC solutions, you will probably find SimbaExpress to be the fastest, the safest, and the easiest to install and configure among them.

Vance

Vance Pan                         mailto:g2l1_at_ugrad.cs.ubc.ca

To download a free version of SimbaExpress, visit http://www.simbatech.com/express

To find out more about Simba Software Development Kits, visit http://www.simbatech.com/sdk

For other information, contact mailto:info_at_simbatech.com