Re: Best way to access Oracle databases with VB4???

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_iac.net>
Date: 1997/01/23

I have used RDO, direct ODBC API calls and Oracle Object for OLE with VB 4. IMHO, RDO is the easiest but the slowest and most limiting, ODBC calls is fast but requires a considerable amount of coding. OO4O is easy, relativly fast and similar to RDO code wise. OO4O is gets my top vote.

For SQL*Net, I use the Easy Config (as opposed to Network Manager) to create the connection name on the client. You then pass this as one of the parameters to the open statement, regardless of which access method you use. Once you have done it a dozen times or so, it gets fairly easy.

--
Mark Wagoner
mwagoner_at_iac.net