Re: Opinion´s about Visual Basic

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_iac.net>
Date: 1997/01/23

"Michael Fanelli" <mfanelli_at_dimensional.com> wrote:

>VB 4.0 32-bit works extremely well. Oracle's Power Objects 2.0 is a better
>choice if you are in a mostly homogeneous Oracle shop. --- mike

>Luis María Grisaleña <siathor_at_jet.es> wrote in article
><01bc06bc$941120a0$84b4e0c2_at_vobis-1200>...
>> Hi,
>> What´s your opinion about accessing to Oracle (server) from Visual Basic
>> (client) and RDO?
>> Have you any experience about it?
>> Do you know better clients to Oracle?

Michael is correct that VB 4 is great with Oracle. However, I would like to add that RDO is not the best (although it is better than DAO). Since it still uses ODBC, it limits you functionaly as well as performance wise.

We switched from RDO to Oracle Objects for OLE and have been greatly impressed. I would recommend this as well.

--
Mark Wagoner
mwagoner_at_iac.net