Re: Best Oracle Platform??

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/23

In article <32DE5510.241_at_att.com>, Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com> writes
>BarryAZ wrote:
>> I'm leaning strongly toward the Compaq box, but I'm worried about
>> running into the 'ceiling' on performance. At only $25,000, I
>> suspect I can afford to make that mistake ... once.
>
>Barry,
> First let me admit that I'm definitely biased towards Unix,
> but I can also be objective. We've used Oracle almost
> exclusively on Unix platforms (Sun, HP and others) and
> I guarantee you won't be disappointed in the performance or

(Sorry for cutting).
At least with Oracle there's a choice of OS. We'll go with NT for the time being, (on the grounds of hardware price/performance), but if it doesn't scale we'll move to Unix (or something else).
Just my 2 cents worth.
Paul Brewer Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST