Returning vals from ORACLE stored procedures using ODBC

From: Collin Bath <colin.bath.3310414_at_nt.com>
Date: 1997/01/22

I am currently trying and struggling to come up with a solution to retrieve values back from an ORACLE stored procedure, function or package, using ODBC and either VB3 or VB4. Although I am able to use VB4 I am still restricted to using Windows 3.1.

After talking to ORACLE and MICROSOFT I was informed that I require an ODBC 2 compliant driver which they don't currently provide. Is this true, or has anyone else used a version 1 ODBC driver succesfully?

As a result of ORACLE'S and MICROSOFT'S comments I have downloaded OPENLINKS ODBC 2 driver, but am unable to find any examples of code anywhere that use VB. Has anyone succeeded to return values from ORACLE stored procedures using Visual Basic ? If so could they let me have a code example and details of the ODBC vendor and version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Collin Bath

E-Mail : colin.bath.3310414_at_nt.com

Address :

Nortel Ltd.
Radio Infrastructure
Brixham Road
Paignton
Devon
England
TQ4 7BE Received on Wed Jan 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST