Re: Q:Drop Users...

From: Vijay Vardhineni <vardhineni_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/01/22

If the user has objects in his/her schema, there are two ways to drop the user.

  1. Drop all the objects belong to the user and then drop the user. If you try to drop the user without dropping his/her objects, then oracle will give a warning saying that you need to use CASCADE option.
  2. If you do not want to drop user's objects explicitely, you can use drop user statement with the cascade option. Oracle will drop all the user's objects before dropping the user.

        DROP USER user_name CASCADE;

--
Vijaya Kumar Vardhineni
Certified Oracle DBA, EDS

Earvin C. Lim <earvin_at_omega.uta.edu> wrote in article
<5c35md$80i_at_news.uta.edu>...