Re: difficulties with sqldba71

From: John D. White <jdwhite_at_vnet.net>
Date: 1997/01/22

Susan Molero (susanmolero_at_adv.es) wrote:
:
: Hi everybody,
: Can anybody help me ?
: I have installed Oracle7 on WindowsNT 4.0, and when running sqldba71, I
: get
: problems.
:
: When I execute: ' connect system/manager ' in order to create
: a
: database later on, I get the message error:
:
: ora-01034: oracle not available.
: ora-09243: smsget : error attaching to SGA
: osd: 04101: invalid SGA: SGA not initialized (os 203)
:
:
: I've spent days trying to solve this, with no success.
:
: Does anybody know how to solve it, or another easy way to create a simple
: database with oracle ?
:
: I would appreciate very much any help.
:
: Susan, susanmolero_at_adv.es

 You must use Oracle 7.3.2.2.1 on NT4.0 which does not come with SQLDBA.

--
John D.(JD) White Oracle Client/Server Consultant
Inventor of the Automatic Teller Machine (ATM)