Re: Programming for Oracle RDBMS using Natural

From: Michael Carmack <mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1997/01/22

csimich_at_mail.ue.com.au wrote:
: If there is anyone there who programmed in the Software AG's (SPL)
: language Natural, for access to the Oracle databases in an Unix
: environment, could you send us a few words on your experience.

We're just getting started with Software AG ona pretty big project using Lightstorm, the event-driven version of Natural. I cannot offer much insight yet, as they have not even given us the tool yet (they're doing most of the work). But I can tell you that there is no native driver to Oracle; you need to use ODBC. The version we purchased (which may not be the most recent version) does not support OLE, so Oracle Objects for OLE is not an option either. Finally, there is no Win95 version yet; it's due in late summer.

"Villains, I say to you now:       |   Mike Carmack
 KNOCK OFF ALL THAT EVIL!"         |   Vulcan Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    S P O O N !!!!    - The Tick   |   mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us