Re: We want Oracle for Linux !!!

From: George/Jorge <ghharrac_at_ouray.cudenver.edu>
Date: 1997/01/22

If you want Oracle for LINUX so bad like I once did, I have s solution. I developed a thin client then runs on my LINUX box that communicates via TCP/IP to a server on a UNIX box that supports ORACLE. This way the ORACLE DBA's can do their thing while I develop new applications. The Server is based on PRO*C Method 4, dynamic SQL, permitting it to process the majority of any queries that I can put to it except raw and long raw.

George

ghharrac_at_ouray.cudenver.edu Received on Wed Jan 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST