Oracle Web Server & PL/SQL

From: Javier Paez <jpaez_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/01/21

Hi, I have a question about the use of database access from an Oracle web server to an oracle database using PL SQL. An external company programmed our site with database access using these products, but we noticed that in order to change any HTML code such as a word or background color, we have to do it in the Oracle program which contains the HTML code, so the process to modify our pages is to modify our HTML first, then in the Oracle program we have to cut the old html code, and paste the new one. Is this the way Oracle is supposed to work, I've been told that using Microsoft products, we could've achieved the same results, but with a much easy to use and maintain environment, is this true?

Thanks

--
Javier Paez
jpaez_at_earthlink.net