Re: Best way to access Oracle databases with VB4???

From: Simon Jones <simonj_at_cotswold.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/21

RDO for speed of development. It's easy to use and there's a good path forward into VB5. ODBC is great if you want to tweak the most but RDO gets things done a lot faster. It's execution speed is only slightly behind ODBC as RDO is just a thin layer on top of ODBC itself.

You must, however, get good ODBC drivers for your Oracle back end. Spend some time evaluating both the free ones and the more expensive ones. Compare the speed and the features. While Microsoft's ODBC drivers for SQL Server are free and work well the same can not be said for all Oracle's offerings.

--
Regards,
Simon Jones

Xavier BRUNET <xavier_brunet_at_hp.com> wrote in article
<32E4E263.5502_at_hp.com>...