Pro*C VARCHAR unsigned char Problem

From: Phil <philr_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/01/21

I've got a bunch of Pro*C programs that have lines like the following:

VARCHAR var1[10];
strcpy(var1.arr,"hello");
var1.len = strlen(var1.arr);

This worked fine with Pro*C 1.6 on AIX 3.2.5, but I get errors about converting unsigned and signed chars
since we have moved to the xlc compiler on AIX 4.1. I removed #include <string.h> and some of the errors
disappeared, but others like this remain (sprintf, etc.). I know that a VARCHAR is actually a struct that contains an unsigned char, but I'd rather not have to explicitly type cast each of these calls to (char *). Is there an easy way around this?

Phil
philr_at_ibm.net Received on Tue Jan 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST