Re: Q: Sybase stored procedure -> Oracle

From: <Solomon.Yakobson_at_entex.com>
Date: 1997/01/21

Your ORACLE version must be at least V7.2. PL/SQL V2.2 that comes with ORACLE V7.2 allows cursor variables. You must declare and initialize a cursor variable on your client side in a PL/SQL host environment(Pro*C, OCI, etc.). Then you pass it as a bind variable to PL/SQL that opens it (server side). After that you can fetch from it on your client side.
I work in HP UX environment and have no info on ODBC drivers for ORACLE supporting cursor variables. ORACLE native driver wor Windows, Windows 95 and NT supports that feature.

Solomon.Yakobson_at_entex.com