Re: We want Oracle for Linux !!!

From: Marti Rijken <mrijken_at_natrix.gld.nl>
Date: 1997/01/20

Dirk Vleugels <vleugels_at_do.isst.fhg.de> wrote:

>The reasons for oracle not to maintain a Linux port are pretty
>obvious. There is simply no way to tell which combination of kernel /
>libc / modules/ init / binutils is available.

There a a way though: limit support to a well known (maybe commercial) distribution. This wouldn't prevent users of other distributions to use the software, but they would be on their own. Caldera uses this support policy, and it is gladly accepted because of the software offered.

--
   @..@    Marti Rijken   <mrijken_at_prv.gelderland.nl>
  (`--')   http://www.inter.nl.net/users/Marti.Rijken