Re: why can't I create this VIEW?

From: Joe Danyliw <danyliw_at_monet.vill.edu>
Date: 1997/01/18

edwards_at_garland.dnr.state.sc.us wrote in article <32DFECBB.2781_at_garland.dnr.state.sc.us>...

> SQL> CREATE VIEW climate.stations as
> select nws_stations.ucan_station_id,station_name,nws_station_id from
> ucan_stations a,nws_stations b
> where a.ucan_station_id = b.ucan_station_id;
>
> ORACLE tells me the column 'ucan_station_id' doesn't exist!
> but a DESCRIBE shows that the column exists!!
> what wrong with my syntax?

You created an alias for the table. Change the SELECT line to:

 select b.ucan_station_id, station_name, nws_station_id from

Apparently ORACLE doesn't like you referring to a table by its original name once
you create an alias for it. Received on Sat Jan 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST