Re: how do I insert a LONG varaible into a table

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/18

Gene,

You can't do a "select insert" with the long datatype. Unless your data is going to be larger than the varchar2 maximum which I believe is 2000 (?); stay away from the long datatype. If you must use it, you'll have to use SQL*load or write some SQL/PL to load the data.

Cliff    Received on Sat Jan 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST