Re: ODBC 32 bit and SQL Net

From: <stuartd_at_atlanta.com>
Date: 1997/01/16

We had to install both ODBC drivers, 16-bit and 32-bit to access Oracle from our applications. We were using PowerBuilder 4 (16-bit), PowerBuilder 5 (32-bit), MS Access 7 (32-bit) and Erwin 2.5 (16-bit).

We used both installation programs which created an ORAWIN and ORAWIN95. We are also running SQL Forms 4.5 which is currently 16-bit. We hope to upgrade all of our systems to 32-bit within the coming weeks so that we can remove the 16-bit Oracle software.

PS: We also found that NT has a separate ODBC driver from the one for Windows 95 (they should be able to use the same!).

Stuart Dickerson
Independent Constultant Received on Thu Jan 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST