Date/Time row was modified???

From: Rick Stacy <rstacy_at_alphagene.com>
Date: 1997/01/16

Hi,

I need to know when rows within my database have last been modified so that I can send updates to remote sites using a variety of RDBMS. Based on the documentation I have seen, Oracle 7.3.2 does not keep track of this information. I was hoping that it was stored within a pseudocolumn such as ROWID or LEVEL (it doesn't hurt to hope, does it? ;-). Is this true or am I missing something? Are there any hidden 'tricks' I'm not aware of?

Short of adding separate columns to the tables and maintaining the information through our application, does anyone have any suggestions regarding the best way to handle this requirement?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

--
Rick Stacy