Re: Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/01/15

My personal experience (i.e., the Oracle company hat is off), I've actually encoutered more problems with NT 4.0 than I have with Oracle products on NT 4.0. Be careful of some of those Service Packs, especially if you have a laptop.

I have a plethora of Oracle products installed and fully-functioning (and with great performance) on NT 4.0. To see that Oracle is aggressively targeting NT 4.0 as a serious server platform, check out:

        http://www.oracle.com/NT

You can even download your own complete evaluation copies of many Oracle products from this Web site.

On 14 Jan 1997 16:17:01 GMT, "Bill Waye" <waye_at_wolfenet.com> wrote:

>My company is on the verge of moving to Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0. Is there any
>major problems/limitations that I should be aware of?

Joel

Joel R. Kallman            See Oracle technology in action!
Oracle Government          http://govt.us.oracle.com
Bethesda, MD
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Jan 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST