Re: Enterprise Manager?? DBVision??

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/01/15

Peggy,

Although I use Enterprise Manager and the Performance Pack, I probably cannot provide adequate responses to the questions you are asking. But if you take a look at:

  http://www.us.oracle.com/products/servers/osm/html/

you should hopefully be able to locate the type of information you are seeking, as well as drive your own demonstration from this page using the Enterprise Manager Web-based administration tools.

I have used both Oracle and Platinum tools, and both are pretty good.

On 14 Jan 1997 19:48:21 GMT, lokp_at_inforamp.net wrote:

>I'm just wondering if someone out there can share his/her experience with
>using the "Oracle Enterprise Manager: Performance Pack", does the product
>provide all (or hopfully most) of the functions required to do database
>monitoring??
>
>How about the Platinum product "DBVision", Has anyone have any good
>(or bad) experience with this product??
>
>Any other recommendations of database monitoring product other then the
>above two??
>

>Any input is greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance...
>
>Peggy

Joel

Joel R. Kallman            See Oracle technology in action!
Oracle Government          http://govt.us.oracle.com
Bethesda, MD
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Jan 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST