Re: We want Oracle for Linux !!!

From: George Dau <gedau_at_mim.com.au>
Date: 1997/01/14

dave_at_fifthd.ca (Dave Macpherson) wrote:

]The problem is that the very thing that makes Linux such a great
]operating system is that it is a VERY FAST moving target. You've got
]developers all over the world contributing to it's success as "free"
]software and who's to say that a few months from now this juggernaut
]of change won't introduce something that breaks Oracle under Linux.
]Why would Oracle want to try to keep up...it can hardly keep up now
]with the low-moving Unices on the market now (how long has Oracle8
]been just around the corner?).
]
]Sure, it could certify Oracle 7.3.x under Linux 2.1.x, but how long
]will that satisfy the Linux community.
]

<JOKE>
May be Oracle could give us source code so we could keep it up to date and maybe even fix it. :->
</JOKE> Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST