Re: SQL*Net 2.1

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/12

pchappid_at_superlink.net wrote:

> We have Oracle7.2 on the serverside and on one of the clients
> we have PLSql3.2 & SQLNet2.3. I was able to connect to my server
> from this client. On the other client we have PLSql3.1 and the
> SQLNet2.1. Since we have 16bit Forms4.5, we have to make this
> client talt to the server. I tried all the possible changes to
> tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora fiels. I was not able to talk to the
> server. Please help me.

     Could you mind to specify the Oracle error type and error code ?

> Also, I don't know, where exactly it is looking for the
> tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files. I have these files in
> C:\ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN directory. In oracle.ini files, I
> did not see any entry for that. Please let me know, how I can
> tell the SQLPlus to look into this directory.

     TNS_ADMIN (an environment variable) is used to specify the directory where SQL*Net 2.x configurations reside.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841