Re: Named Pipes

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/12

Staffan Olsson wrote:

> I'm trying to run a 16-bit client against a 7.3.2.2 NT 3.51 database localy eg.
> having both client and server running on the same machine. Tests with
> 16-bit SQL*Plus + TCP/IP shows that everything goes very slow = not acceptable.
> When connecting to the server from a remote machine everything works normal.
>
> Does anyone have a solution or explanation to this?
>
> If not, can anyone point me in the right direction (required software, client
> configuration, listener configuration ) on how to use Named Pipes instead?

    You can try to read the listener logs, trace files and alert log to find out roots of the problems and then fix it. If there is no any problem detected, you can try to carry out the performance tuning on your server.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841