selecting text in the current field

From: Dwayne K. King <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>
Date: 1997/01/10

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a simple validation form that must do the following: the user enters an account number, the form tells the user if the account number is valid or not. That's it.

What I am having trouble with, is that I want the text in the account number field to be selected when the the validity has been determined (either way), so that the user can just start typing to enter the next number. i.e. they don't have to manually delete the number that was in the field to enter the next one. I want the information currently in the field to be highlighted.

I could obviously just null out the field after performing the check, but the user prefers to have the last account checked still up on the screen.

I have tried the SELECT_ALL built-in, but I don't think that was what it was meant for.

Any ideas? TIA

--
Dwayne K. King              | "Things are more like they are now than
Computer Systems Advisor,   |  they ever were before." -