Re: Full vs Complete Exports

From: Ken Friday <ken_friday_at_pleasantco.com>
Date: 1997/01/10

The corner of Heartattack & Vine... wrote:

> Can anybody tell me what the difference between
> a full database export and a complete database
> export. My oracle backup and recovery handbook
> seems to imply that there is a difference, but
> the difference is not clear to me.
>
> Thanks in advance.

A full export is the entire database (all users, objects, etc.). "complete" is one of three options to the inc(remental)type.

Incremental exports start with a baseline (using the complete option) and subsequent exports only export changed objects. Incremental exports can be applied to full or user level (table specific also I assume) exports.

Hope this helps.
Ken F. Received on Fri Jan 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST