Re: SQL*Net 2.1

From: Forrest Gump <cmelvin_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/01/10

What error are you getting?

Hi Everyone,

     We have Oracle7.2 on the serverside and on one of the clients we have PLSql3.2 & SQLNet2.3. I was able to connect to my server from this client. On the other client we have PLSql3.1 and the SQLNet2.1. Since we have 16bit Forms4.5, we have to make this client talt to the server. I tried all the possible changes to tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora fiels. I was not able to talk to the server. Please help me.

    Also, I don't know, where exactly it is looking for the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files. I have these files in C:\ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN directory. In oracle.ini files, I did not see any entry for that. Please let me know, how I can tell the SQLPlus to look into this directory.

Thank you in advance.

Prabha.