Re: How to connect via DOS?

From: Forrest Gump <cmelvin_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/01/09

I'm assuming you have sqlnet v2 on the server (otherwise the connection should be straight forward). What you need on DOS is a product called Sql*Net LITE for DOS. LITE is a "patch" upgrade for an existing sqlnet for DOS setup. It will only use the TCP/IP protocol, and supports only a few protocol vendors (FTP, Lan WP, and Sun - I think). LITE will allow DOS to connect to a V2 listener.

If you have any other setup, you'll have to migrate your apps to Windows.

John Duska wrote>>>>
How do you connect to an Oracle 7 database (netware) via DOS? thanks
John Received on Thu Jan 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CST