Re: Easy Question: Power Objects 2.0.2 Datatypes

From: Mike Proctor <mp_at_mg-tc.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/09

In article <32d35f49.1192499_at_news.arlut.utexas.edu>, Brian Townley <mage_at_mail.utexas.edu> writes
>I am a new programmer in Oracle and have run into a few problems. One
>of them is that the User Guide does not give any information (as far
>as I can tell) on the datatypes in the Tables. I need information
>about the followind datatypes:
>
>VARCHAR2
>NUMBER
>DATE
>CHAR
>RAW
>LONG
>LONG RAW
>ROWID
>FLOAT
>
>Thank you in advance for yout help.

Oracle Server Documentation -> Oracle Server Concepts Manual -> Chapter 6. Datatypes (help file) is a good place to start. This *used* to ship with Personal Oracle/Power Objects, but presumably you have Personal Oracle Light with PO version 2.x.x so this may not be the case.

--
Mike Proctor                    Database Consultants International (UK)

mp_at_MG-TC.demon.co.uk            Oracle vision.
                                Only Oracle.
                                All the time.

Turnpike evaluation. For Turnpike information, mailto:info_at_turnpike.com