Re: We want Oracle for Linux !!!

From: Alvin Sylvain <alvin_at_c-square.no.junk>
Date: 1997/01/08

Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:

> If anybody at Oracle is listening :
>
> We want Oracle fo Red-Hat Linux !!!!

Don't tell us, there's nothing =we= can do about it!

Instead, try contacting Oracle at their web site, which I think is something along the lines of http://www.oracle.com.

Altho you'll probably have to have a serious sales pitch to make it happen. Oracle is interested in selling lots of product for lots of money. Linux suffers from a) not having as large a customer base, therefore there are fewer people to sell to, and b) the people who get Linux are cost-conscious. If not, they would have bought Solaris or something for several 10's of 100's of dollars. Instead, they bought Linux for the price of thick book, or they downloaded for the price of a phone connection. Therefore, Oracle for Linux would have to be =extremely= inexpensive (read: CHEAP), or folks won't buy.

This adds up to a pretty huge "We'll Just Wait And See" from Oracle's point of view.

A. Received on Wed Jan 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST