Re: Why procedure cannot see table?

From: Daniel Pinyol <dpinol_at_cesca.es>
Date: 1997/01/08

Ed Bruce wrote:

> Patrick Tan wrote:
> >
> > It is a bug in Oracle 7.1. It should be fixed in Oracle 7.2+
> >
> > Patrick
>
> This is supposedly a security feature. I used to have the explaination
> as to why it is and I was convinced at the time. But it is not
> considered a bug and according to Oracle it was a deliberate choice.
>
> --
>
> Ed Bruce
> <Bruce_at_ha.hac.com>
> <ebruce_at_iquest.com>

        Does anybody know any workaround? (Different from granting the object directly to the user, of course) There exists the procedure dbms_session.set_role(role). But it won't avoid the compilation error, since the server will complain that it doesn't know the object.

        Does anybody know why Oracle chose this option?

        Thanks.

        P.S. I'll appreciate an email answer to dpinol_at_cesca.es

         4 Daniel Pinyol Laserna E-Mail: dpinol_at_cesca.es