Syntax checker for Oracle?

From: Stefan Humphreys <cansyh_at_tor.sas.com>
Date: 1997/01/07

I am dynamically building an update statement that will be later submitted as a batch job. I would like to know that the statement is syntacically correct before I save it.

Is there a way to check the syntax of a SQL statement in Oracle without actually running the query?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan Received on Tue Jan 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST