Re: Best Oracle Platform??

From: Mike Perrien <mperrien_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1997/01/07

Steve,

For an Oracle Database that small with only a few users, a Dual Pentium w/NT will probably be the best solution, not to mention the cheapest solution. Keep in mind future growth of your database though. I have dealt with Oracle 7.2 for NT on Dell Dual Pentium 100's with upwards of 100 users and 8Gigs with 128Mb RAM. It wasn't the fastest thing I've seen, but it got the job done.

Mike Perrien
Staff Consultant
Oracle Government Services, Southeast Region

These opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Steve Neal <steve_at_sneal.tcp.co.uk> wrote in article <5arh5s$2s4_at_zeus.tcp.net.uk>...