Re: More (or less) on bit-mapped indexes

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/01/07

Martin,

With regards to your first question....to the best of my knowledge, Oracle7 Server 7.3.2.3, 7.3.2.2, and 7.3.2.1 are available for HP-UX 10.x.

On Mon, 06 Jan 1997 23:29:52 -0500, Martin Smith <mfsmith_at_erols.com> wrote:

>I finally got some news on BMIs today: bad news. It seems our
>just-upgraded HP-UX Oracle *still* does not actually support BMI's.
>
>BMI's require 7.3.2.2, it seems, whereas we have the totally passe
>7.3.2.1.
>
>I guess that accounts for the fact that there was zero documentation on
>BMIs on our CD.
>
>Next question: Can ANYONE confirm or deny that 7.3.2.2 is shipping for
>HP-UX.
>
>Next question#2: Can anyone offer any hope that the upgrade to 7.3.2.2
>is easy and does not require a DB rebuild (I do fervently hope.)
>
>(I sure do hope these damned things are worth it!)
>
>Thanks.

Joel

Joel R. Kallman            See Oracle technology in action!
Oracle Government          http://govt.us.oracle.com
Bethesda, MD
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Jan 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST