Best Oracle Platform??

From: Steve Neal <steve_at_sneal.tcp.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/06

I need to implment a new Oracle database (order processing thru' GL) which will have about 80 concurrent users. The total Db size will be about 5Gb.

My questions...

What is the best platform: UNIX or NT?

If NT, would an Intel system (dual Pentium Pro?) be sufficient or should I look to DEC Alpha?

The clients will initially be Win3.x with migration to Win95/NT in the future.

TIA Steve Received on Mon Jan 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST