storing email messages in oracle ?

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/01/05

I am going to start work on an application that would store incoming and outgoing email messages in Oracle. I am not sure what kind of a data type do I need to use and what length do I need to specify for it as the messages can vary greatly in size. As you can tell I am a new comer and have used only simple data types mostly of fixed and small lenghts.

Thanks.

P.S. Does anybody know how to drop a column from a table in Oracle ? I looked up Alter table command but it apparently doesn't do it.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Sun Jan 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST